QA Lead Engineer (Services)
Noice is an early stage stealth startup working on an innovative service for gamers. We’ve raised several million euros in funding from games industry leaders, validated our offering with our end users and are now building our platform towards launch.
Noice is founded by the core team that built Applifier, exited it to Unity Technologies in 2014 and scaled the business to €100 millions in gross revenue in under 5 years. Our cross-functional team has deep games and software industry experience ranging from building and operating Unity Ads video ad network at scale of over billion end devices per month, Everyplay mobile video sharing service reaching tens of millions of end users and mobile games with tens of millions of downloads.
We are looking for a QA Lead Engineer (Services) with strong experience in quality assurance for large scale software services or platforms.
This opportunity to join a highly experienced and motivated team to build a ground breaking new consumer service comes with a competitive salary and ownership in a high potential startup.
We are a distributed company with most of our team based in Finland. For this role we are primarily looking for people based in Helsinki, but are also open to remote candidates (within two timezones of Helsinki) who are able to spend substantial amount of time in Helsinki.
What you’ll be doing
- Work with company leadership to set and deliver quality targets
- Prepare test plans, QA processes and tooling for a large scale B2C platform to deliver on quality and uptime targets
- Lead the execution the QA plan and processes, run test automation and work hands-on to ensure the overall quality of the platform
- Work closely with engineering leads, software architects, software developers and DevOps to ensure quality, react to issues and improve practices
- Act as an advocate for issues found in live environments and by internal operative teams
- Co-own process improvement with QA Lead (games) the quality practices to “build in quality during development”
What we’re are looking for
- Proven track record in a senior or lead quality assurance engineer role in developing feature rich software services or platforms
- Proven experience in working with modern cloud stack development and quality tools
- You are passionate about quality and the practices and processes that lead to high quality
- You are a proactive contributor who has experience in leading internal and/or external QA teams
- You are a lifelong rapid learner with strong drive to develop exceptional games
- You are able to clearly communicate your ideas and solutions and talk about them with the team in English
We appreciate also
- Eperience or insights into the gaming industry, especially free-to-play games
- Experience with small, rapidly growing teams or early stage software startups
- Experience in hands-on software development with a variety of technologies, frameworks and programming languages
- Experience with adjacent functions such as devops or business intelligence