Noice is an early stage stealth startup working on an innovative service for gamers. We’ve raised several
million euros in funding from games industry leaders, validated our offering with our end users and are now
building our platform towards launch.
Noice is founded by the core team that built Applifier, exited it to Unity Technologies in 2014 and scaled
the business to €100 millions in gross revenue in under 5 years. Our cross-functional team has deep games
and software industry experience ranging from building and operating Unity Ads video ad network at scale of
over billion end devices per month, Everyplay mobile video sharing service reaching tens of millions of end
users and games with tens of millions of downloads.
We are looking for a Development Director with strong experience in helping teams build, ship and
operate large scale free-to-play games or software services.
This opportunity to join a highly experienced and motivated team to build a groundbreaking new consumer
service comes with a competitive salary and ownership in a high potential startup.
We are a distributed company with most of our team based in Finland. For this role we are primarily looking
for people based in or able to relocate to Helsinki.
What you’ll be doing
- Assist, mentor and manage an experienced software development team to build a highly innovative software
- Continuously improve “our ways of working” to empower the team to work as effectively as possible
- Communicate priorities, resolve blockers, clarify tasks, ensure individual and team health
- Plan roadmaps, priorities, scoping and resourcing and then help teams to deliver on those plans
- Work with our outsourcing partners to ensure deliverables are received on agreed schedule, scope and
- Grow our team by hiring the right talent and help developers to grow professionally
What we’re are looking for
- Proven track record as a senior manager, director or producer in helping teams build, ship and operate
F2P live operated games or B2B or B2C software services
- Experience working as a direct manager of developers and scaling development teams and practices
- Experience in hands-on software development with wide variety of technologies, frameworks and
- Experience with modern software service and cloud infrastructure
- Experience with continuous delivery practices
- Experience in managing multiple projects and teams
- You are a proactive, self-organized team player who leads from the front and with empathy
- You are a “people’s person” and your peers and team members naturally come to you when they encounter
problems or want to discuss professional or personal matters
- You are a lifelong rapid learner with strong drive to develop exceptional games or software services
- You are a fluent communicator in English who works well with people from all walks of life
We appreciate also
- Eperience or insights into the gaming industry, especially free-to-play games
- Experience with small, rapidly growing teams or early stage software startups
- Experience in distributed application development / microservices / event based communication
- Experience with adjacent functions such as quality assurance, DevOps, business intelligence, game
design, UX design or game art